York must be one of the most sociable cities in England and an ideal place to visit if you really want to enjoy yourself.
Voted amongst the top 20 shopping venues in the country York boasts an exciting mix of varied independant shops, high street, department stores, both permanent and seasonal markets, late night openings and a vast Designer Outlet closeby. If shopping isn't your thing historical sites are everywhere and all within walking distance of the city centre.York is renowned for the many and varied restaurants with lots of al fresco dining in the summer.
The City really comes alive at night, which may be one reason we are so popular.
Local attractions include...
- The Bar Convent: www.bar-convent.org.uk
- Barley Hall: www.barleyhall.org.uk
- The Castle Museum. www.yorkcastlemuseum.org.uk
- Clifford’s Tower: www.english-heritage.org.uk
- Fairfax House: www.fairfaxhouse.co.uk
- The Ghost Hunt of York: www.ghosthunt.co.uk
- The Ghost Trail: www.ghosttrail.co.uk
- The National Railway Museum: www.nrm.org.uk
- Treasure Hunts: www.huntfun.co.uk
- The Treasurer’s House: www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- York Boats: www.yorkboat.co.uk
- York City Art Gallery:www.yorkartgallery.org.uk
- York City Sightseeing Buses: www.city-sightseeing.com
- The Yorkshire Museum: www.yorkshiremuseum.org.uk
- The York Dungeon: www.thedungeons.com
- York Minster. www.yorkminster.org
- York Racecourse. www.yorkracecourse.co.uk
- The Jorvik Viking City and Archaeological Resource Centre:www.vikingjorvik.com
If you wish to go further afield there are many great places to visit just short drive away...
- Murton Park: www.murtonpark.co.uk
- Aldborough Roman Site: www.english-heritage.org.uk
- Captain Cook Memorial Museum: www.cookmuseumwhitby.co.uk
- Castle Howard: www.castlehoward.co.uk
- Eden Camp: www.edencamp.co.uk
- Flamingoland Zoo: www.flamingoland.co.uk
- Fountains Abbey: www.fountainsabbey.org.uk
- Harewood House: www.harewood.org
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway: www.nymr.co.uk
- Rievaulx Abbey: www.english-heritage.org.uk
- Royal Armouries Museum: www.armouries.org.uk
- Yorkshire Air Museum: www.yorkshireairmuseum.co.uk