As the only hostel in York rated 4 star by Visit England, our modern facilities include:
- Free and ample car parking with plenty of space for coaches and cars to manoeuvre and park in the grounds. Coaches are more than welcome to return and park during the day having dropped passengers off elsewhere.
- The modern two-storey building is fully centrally heated and contains 21 twin bedded rooms, each with a washbasin and toilet en suite. The rooms can be easily converted into four bedded rooms by unfolding the two bunk beds from the wall. Separate individual shower facilities are available for every five rooms.
- Inside the main building you will find a Dining Room with seating for 100 as well as a Common Room with digital television that is ideal for group meetings, games evenings, or just as a shared lounge. This offers two large and flexible communal areas.
- Our annex building with its 47 beds shared over 21 rooms and shared washrooms including 7 showers is available to rent.
- We offer a range of options: Full Board, Half Board and B&B with the flexibility to provide a packed lunch or a late Friday evening arrival supper and a relaxed late Sunday brunch.
- Local ingredients are prepared by Brian Mann, our resident chef.
- We are happy to accommodate any dietary requirements or special requests.
- Our spacious dining room can seat up to 100 people. Cafeteria style catering is usual though waitress service can be arranged.
- Rooms have individual lockable doors.
- Within each room there are individual lockable wardrobes.
- Secure storage facilities for bikes and other equipment.
- Keypad locks to the main building and self closing doors at the Annexe.
- Duty staff based on site can be contacted 24 hours a day.
- All our relevant staff are subject to appropiate CRB processes.
York Racecourse Centre is open to groups all year round and our experienced and welcoming staff are eager to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. If there is anything you require during your stay please don't hesitate to ask and we will strive to make it possible.